MECA originally opened as The Regent Theatre in 1929 the Art Deco style building has seen many transformations over the years.
In 1952 it was taken over by the Gaumont Theatre.
. . . and then changed again in 1963 to the Odeon.
It was later transformed into a bingo hall, which after 30 years, as MECCA bingo, finally closed its doors in 2008.
After 2 years of sitting vacant the building was re-opened in December 2010 as MECA.
MECA as it looks today after our recent refurbishment & new branding.